Michael G. Morrison, II
Michael is an attorney in the firm's litigation section, where he represents and defends individuals, businesses, insurers and their insureds in complex matters ranging from commercial litigation, insurance law/litigation, employment law, contract disputes, unfair business practices, animal law, and administrative law.
Michael attended the University of Alabama School of Law on a full-tuition scholarship, and graduated with a Certificate in Public Interest. While attending the University of Alabama, Michael was inducted into the Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society. Before law school, Michael attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill on a full-tuition scholarship, where he graduated from the university's honors college and obtained a B.A. in Public Relations with a double minor in History and PPE (philosophy, politics, and economies).
Away from the office, Michael enjoys attending church, spending time with family and friends, being a dog dad to his Goldendoodle, Sunny, playing the saxophone, hiking new trails, traveling, staying active with various outdoor activities, and accumulating as many new experiences as possible.
Michael is devoted to a servant-leadership philosophy, and he keeps his family mantras near and dear to his heart. Michael brings these charges with him every day as he assumes the honor and responsibility of practicing law from Murphy to Manteo in the great state of North Carolina.
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A. Public Relations, Double Minor-History & PPE (Philosophy, Politics and Economics), 2016
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2019
- All North Carolina State Courts
- Federal District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- Tenth Judicial District Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Capital City Lawyers Association
- North Carolina Association of Black Lawyers
- Federal Bar Association