Ralph "Bo" McDonald’s legal work focuses on administrative and regulatory law, banking and credit union law, municipal law, governmental affairs, public utilities, business law and commercial real estate law.
Since joining Bailey & Dixon in 1965, Bo has enjoyed a particularly active public utilities practice, representing industrial purchasers of electricity in regulatory proceedings. He also advises the State Employees’ Credit Union, North Carolina’s largest and one of the largest in the country, on miscellaneous banking and credit union matters. His real estate practice includes commercial transactional work for a range of purchasers and sellers across the State.
Bo is "AV" rated by Martindale Hubbell. He is a past Chairman of the Administrative Law Section of the North Carolina Bar Association.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, A.B., 1961
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, LL.B., 1964
- All North Carolina State and Federal District Courts
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Wake County Bar Association
- Administrative Law Section of the North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association for Transportation Law, Logistics and Policy