Professional and Occupational Licensing Law
Bailey & Dixon attorneys represent numerous North Carolina occupational licensing boards and individual and corporate clients before various state administrative agencies and regulatory bodies in matters ranging from professional and business licensure regulation to judicial review of administrative agency decisions.
Our lawyers regularly:
- Act as general counsel for state occupational licensing boards;
- Prosecute and defending licensees before occupational licensing boards;
- Represent state administrative agencies, boards and commissions in federal and state court;
- Appear before the N.C. Rules Review Commission;
- Advise occupational licensing boards regarding their investigations, employment matters, and disciplinary proceedings;
- Represent clients before administrative agencies and regulatory bodies;
- Draft legislation and regulations;
- Monitor legislation at the North Carolina General Assembly;
- Advise state agencies, individuals and businesses regarding compliance with laws such as The Administrative Procedures Act, HIPAA, and The Americans With Disabilities Act; and
- Advise state agencies, individuals and businesses regarding federal and state constitutional issues.